Friday 15 August 2014

'We' , As We Are!'

In life we all like to make things simple!
And many a times in our process of making things simple,
we forget to think beyond, the certain conventions assigned to us by our society.

Perhaps its my age or my spirit to defy the common theory I always wonder why is something the way it is when we as a specie have evolved and transformed so much over the centuries and times.

So here I am with 'Wings to Spread' I speak my heart out about the general 'Gender Bias'.


I despise being called a girl.
 I'm twenty four,with my preferences tuned as it should be, yet I abhor being a girl.
 My chagrin isn't towards being a girl but it is to me being treated as a girl!
Some where both in our society and world over being a girl is a bit demeaning! 
No matter how many pinnacle we conquer we are always a little commercialized and at the end we are a cherish-able or a perishable commodity!
'Which I personally do not like!' 
I wonder why there has to be any gender bias at all? Why can't we all be just beings? If the world had just many good human beings, then being a girl or a transgender would not be a social stigma! 
They as a community would then enjoy the same social acceptance and privilege as the rest. 
Then it wouldn't be sin for a man or a woman to love the same sex as at the end it would all be love! 
Then a kid would not get cornered in school for his/her choice of sport or their personal sense of style, as then it would all be just sport and their persona! 
We will have a broader sense of color, style and even understanding.
 Everything will be just  thoughts and there would be nothing to feel shy or ashamed about as we would all be the same !
There would be no rape, no molestation as it would mean molesting yourself as nobody will be any less than each other. 
We will all be human beings.

And... There would be no shame in walking nude or making love in broad day light!  

Wouldn't it be a better world?


Our mind is not a he or a she or anything. 
Our mind does or feels what it chooses to.

If our mind is an 'It' then why should the body holding it be classified?

 Currently several schools in Vancouver have proposed that gender neutral pronouns should take the places of personal pronouns such as “he,” “she,” “his” and “hers.” 
The pronouns “xe,” “xem,” and “xyr” were suggested as alternatives to encompass all students, including transgender students! 
According to the new policy, “xe” should take the place of “he” or “she,” “xem” will replace “him” or “her,” and “xyr” will take over “his” and “hers.” 
I wonder why cant we as a country practice it too? At the end it'll make the society more inclusive and bring people closer.
We simplify to uncomplicate, not to put everyone in boxes. 
Identities should be by what we do, than what we are!
 We can always add little wings to our thoughts and ponder about it.
Smiles!


No comments:

Post a Comment