Monday 22 July 2013

As he became 'A Man'

 
It was drizzling outside,
As my bus arrived.
Mumbai as always was at its humid best!
I got into an auto, to reach home,
A little boy came to me
 With his glassy eyes 
And naked torso,
He extended his palm to beg. {So!}
I gave him a ten rupee note
His cardboard face parted to smile,
I looked at his gleam as he ran, in his spree.
My rickshaw took the by pass,
 { I could still hear his glee}
 His family resided under the bridge,
 His mother combed her sticky hair,
 His siblings roamed nude,
 His father played sexual games with his sister
As he returned to his world {crude!}.
The little boy pranced around  his mother,
He waved the ten rupee note.
 I saw him become a man from a boy
He danced in overjoy.
I live in a country where when people,
 Are capsized in the waves,
 The heroes tweet their heroic words,
{ As the army die conducting their saves!}
Its a good common topic right?!
When the government forget to inform.
Yet the bureaucrats have a sound sleep.
{...My father struggle day & night.} 
I live in a country, where when a cricketer steals,
He hits off to a pilgrimage to wash off his sins
He hides behind his rich to be wife's veil.
Its all ok as life goes on. {its normal sail}
I live in a country where the school goes on, 
When little kids die in rain.
I live in a country where 53 die eating their regular lunch,
Spiked with pesticide,
 As their illiterate teacher didn't know any better,
{She ignored the screaming kids hunch!}
I live in a country where nirbhaya's boyfriend returns,
 To claim his share of fame,
When her name is still not exposed.
{ After all its our country's shame!} 
I live in a country where the husband finds it easy,
To fling acid on his wife's face 
and chop off her fingers.
{"what! she didn't have enough grace!"}
I live in a country where the people mourn more for a Chinkara's death.
I live in a country where the young voice up to social abuse
As the old still live muttering under their breath!
I live in a country where my maid smiles more than me,
Even after all  her chores.
{I live in a country where people still scream more for cricket scores.}
I live in a country where a boy of six becomes a man.
I live in a country where a boy of six takes the responsibility of his clan!

Beautiful isn't it?!   


 
 I see all this and more when I come home, with my whole country being the way it is I just realize what a ten rupee note is as a boy of six becomes a man, and I at 23 am yet not ready! 
 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment