Sunday 7 July 2013

'Unlearning'

 
'The Window'
 
 
“Of the roads travelled,
And of the roads traversed,
The straight, the curved or
Just maybe a little slanted...

 I wandered through them,
My invisible grid lines.
 
 They taught me my route and even my way,
But they could never show my destiny to say.
 
 The road and the process made things so definite
That I forgot, that in thing’s definition,
I became obscure.
 
 As ideas never have a process or ever an ultimate route..
 
 Soon my thoughts were replaced with fears!
 
 My lessons through the grid lines.
 
 
My tread across brought me to many faces;
Of which some where to stay,
Some to be remembered!
And some, an effort to forget.
 I wandered through them,
My invisible grid lines.
 
 
All the lines I walked,
I ponder which of them,
Showed me my destiny?
And
 All I have now
Are the craggy bits of nostalgia
Mingled with obscurity
And
 Obscurity as permanence.
 
No line can be taught
 To be straight or curved.
Few things are best
As
Scribbles in pages 
 Beyond the gridlines.
 
Of  the roads travelled
Of the roads traversed!”
It’s  those beyond the grid lines
That got me to me! "
 
 
 
 
 
 The sketch is of my college through the window of my hostel.
 As I leave those days, I just thought of remembering what I am to forget!
 
 
 
 
 

 
 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment